Saturday, September 20, 2008

Personali-tude

I had a thought the other day about how special the little things are in life. Not to say that the big milestones are any less great, but sometimes it's the small moments that make me look at my children in amazement and with such maternal love. For instance, the other day Julia was eating Mac & Cheese for lunch. More than half of it was landing on her bib and not in her mouth. The look in her eyes when she noticed the noodles there and the way she smiled when she picked them up and ate them just made my day.It was like she'd found a lost treasure. Sappy Mommy.
Anyway, I was talking with some friends of mine about kids and their personalities. I can't speak first hand in regard to little boys, but some of my friends have at least one of each and we are in agreement that little girls have WAY more 'tude! What is with that? I swear there are times when Julia gives me looks that should be coming from a pre-menstrual teenager. Ok, that being said...look at the imagination and acting ability on this kid. Woah.


"A hat"


Maybe a house for her and the baby?


Go Buckeyes!


My flower child

In order to get ready for Keira's baptism, we had to try on the gown. It's the same one I wore, my brother wore, Julia wore....it's too small for Keira. I can't snap the top closed and we are still several weeks away from the baptism. However, she is quite a bit older than we all were at the age when we were baptized...even Julia.

...and since we were checking out sizes to make sure things fit...here is a sneak peek of Keira's Halloween costume. I'm not too sure if it's a chick or a duck...so I'm calling it "chuck"


Julia looks at me and says "Ba, that baby is a duck"

I just can't take any more!

Can we talk?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I don't really know about the girlie attitudes, but I can tell you that I thought at first it was ALL girls. I had seen and heard things that made me glad I had only boys (so far), however, my attitude (ha ha) is quickly changing. My 3 1/2 year old son (J) can really lay on the 'tude'. Must come from me. :) Anyway, just think...when she really gets a flowing vocab. the shit that will come out of her mouth and the looks you're going to keep getting! BTW...your girls are adorable. Keep up the good work!