Friday, September 5, 2008

Breakthroughs

Ok, so the girls have made a few breakthroughs in the past few days. The other night was the night from hell. Julia normally goes to bed around 8pm, give or take 30 mins, and sleeps just fine til morning...sometime around 6ish. Well, not Wednesday night. She was up 4 different times just crying her little eyes out and making absolutely no sense at all. Now I knew that she was cutting some teeth (looks like 3 of 4 eye teeth are trying to push through) and tooting to beat the band so I figured that maybe she had really bad gas pains or that the ibuprofen we gave her at bedtime wasn't cutting it for her. She said that her tummy hurt and her teeth hurt. So, mylicon and some orajel should do the trick, right? She did seem to sleep a little better after that. But boy did I feel stupid when changing her diaper last night I noticed that one of her 2-year molars had cut through about half way. Duh, Mommy! You put the orajel in the wrong spot! So that is breakthrough #1, literally.
Now for an even better one. For the past few months we've been working on potty training with Julia off and on. She has some intestinal issues so we aren't forcing it. Anyway, up until yesterday she would sit on the potty with no problem, and 90% of the time, she would go pee without any fuss at all. Great. But she wouldn't tell that she had to go or even that she had already gone. She was more than happy to run around with pee or poop in her pants for hours (of course, the smell is horrendous so I end up changing her after about 2 minutes). She isn't bothered in the least by the mess in her pants. Well thank heavens, she went poop yesterday and then looked at me and said "Potty!" So we took her into the potty and changed her! Yay! She knows she went! Now it only happened once so far, but such progress! Go Jules!
And finally, a breakthrough for Keira. She found her thumb. I know I never sucked my thumb. Jason doesn't think he did either. Julia didn't. But Keira has found it and she ain't lettin' go. Great news for me. I didn't have to go into her room once last night to put her Binky back in her mouth. Suck away kiddo!

Julia chomping a cookie...blankie in tow. Good luck finding her without it.

Keira playing in her bouncy seat.

My thumb!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

We've got our own little Linus too! How cute!