Monday, December 15, 2008

O Christmas Tree

This year we decided the time was right for Julia to start helping decorate the Christmas Tree. We don't have any fun adventures of going to pick it out and cut it down because quite simply, it lives in a box in the basement. First because of my allergies, and also because we are doing our part to "go green" when we can. Anyway, it went like this...I would take the ornaments out of their storage boxes and make sure there were hooks on them. Then I would give the non-breakables to Julia and she would pass them off to Daddy. Without instruction, she started telling him where to put them. As she got better at her job, she got faster. So fast that at one point I think Jason had an ornament hanging off each finger and couldn't get them on the tree fast enough. Now, she comes into the family room and points to the tree and shouts
"Kiss-miss Tee !" Then she immediately follows up with "I help Daddy!"
The first ornament this year.

Giving another ornament to Daddy.


"It goes right there!"


"Right here?"



Julia tells me to "turn it, Ba" when she wants it turned on.



Keira spent the afternoon teething. =(


Ok, I'm tired of this.


Checking out her work the next day.


Playing with a snowman.


O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...How lovely are thy branches.








1 comment:

Amber said...

That's a adorable! What a little helper!